How often do you get frustrated by your soundbar not working with firestick? If you’re having trouble connecting them, then you might want to check out these solutions.
Fire TV Sticks are great devices for streaming video from Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. They also come with Alexa voice control, allowing you to ask questions and control other smart home devices. Unfortunately, they don’t always play nice with other audio equipment.
If you’ve tried every possible solution to connect your soundbar to your Fire TV Stick, then maybe it’s time to try something new. You can take some simple steps to ensure that your soundbar and Fire TV Stick work together.
You may need to adjust the volume on your soundbar before you start playing content through your television. For example, if you’re using media apps like Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc., you will likely need to increase the volume level on your device first. That way, when you switch over to your television, the volume will automatically go back down to normal levels.
Why is my soundbar not working with a firestick? What’s the Issue.?
If you’re having issues connecting your soundbar to your tv, then it could be any of the following:
1. Your soundbar has a bad connection to the TV. Make sure that the soundbar cable is securely connected to the wall outlet.
2. The power cord is plugged into the right side of the TV. However, make sure that the power cord is plugged in correctly so that the “Y” plug is facing toward the TV.
3. The HDMI port on your soundbar isn’t correctly connected to the HDMI port on the TV. Check to see if the red light on the side of the soundbar is lit up. It should be green if everything is hooked up correctly.
4. The remote control for your soundbar doesn’t match the one that came with it. Make sure that the remote controls are compatible.
5. The power button on the back of your soundbar is turned off. Press the power button until it turns blue to turn it on again.
6. The power button on your soundbar is stuck. Try pressing the power button once more after turning it off and off again. If the problem persists, you can contact customer service, and they will help you resolve the issue.
7. The soundbar is too old and needs to be replaced. Contact customer support to learn more.
8. The TV is too old. A newer model may handle the soundbar’s output better than your current model.
9. The TV’s input settings are incorrect. 10. The TV is receiving an incompatible signal. Check to see if anything is blocking the signal.
10. The TV’S input settings are set incorrectly. In addition, check to see if the TV’s HDMI ports are active.
11. There is a hardware or software malfunction on your computer/TV. If you are experiencing these problems, contact your local tech support team.
12. The TV does not receive a strong signal from the soundbar. If this happens, try moving closer to the TV so that the soundbar receives a stronger signal.
13. The TV does not recognize the soundbar as being connected. Try restarting the TV.
14. The TV does not recognize the audio source. You will have to change the audio input setting on the TV manually.
15. The TV is not displaying the correct resolution. If this is the case, select the desired resolution by clicking the menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen. Then click OK.
16. The TV is not detecting the soundbar. Select the soundbar.
17. The TV is not picking up the right channel. Ensure that the soundbar is set to the correct input.
18. The TV is not decoding the video. This usually occurs when the TV tries to play 1080p videos while it only supports 720p.
19. The TV is not getting enough power. Ensure that the TV is plugged directly into an outlet and that the power cord is firmly connected.
Read Also Where Should Soundbar be Placed
How To Connect Soundbar with Firestick
It would be best if you had the HDMI extension cable for audio. You’ll find it in Amazon’s product listing under “Extended Audio Cables.” If you already own the HDMI extension cable, you should know it comes with a power adapter (not included in the box). If you buy the extended HDMI cable separately, you will need to buy a power adapter.
The power adapter has three pins: red (+), white (-), and black (GND). The red pin on the adapter goes into the female RCA jack on the end of the HDMI extension cable. The white pin on the adapter connects to the ground pin on the male end of the HDMI extension. The black pin on the adapter connects directly to GND on your soundbar.
To make sure everything is connected correctly:
- Turn off the power supply to your TV.
- Plug the 3-pin power adapter into the wall socket.
- Turn on the TV and check whether the red light on the power adapter turns green. If it doesn’t, unplug the power adapter and repeat step 2.
When the TV is turned on, press the power button on the remote control until the screen displays the menu. Make sure that the HDMI option is selected. Press OK to save changes.
Your soundbar should now work with your FireTV Stick. This solution works only if your TV supports HDMI 1.4a. Some newer TVs are backward compatible with HDMI 1.3, but they don’t support HDCP 2.2. Some older TVs are also incompatible with HDMI 1.4a and won’t display video or audio correctly.
In these cases, you must use an HDMI splitter instead of the HDMI extension cable so that you can connect multiple devices to the TV.
Do you need to change anything else to get the soundbar to work with the Fire TV Stick
No. Plug the HDMI extension cable into the female RCA jacks on both ends of the cable. It’s important to note that the HDMI extension cable does NOT come with a power adapter. Therefore, you’ll need to provide your power adapter to power the soundbar. Alternatively, you could use a universal power adapter that provides 5V DC output.
What about other types of cables?
A lot of people ask me this question. There are two main options available:
An HDMI/HDMI Splitter – This cable type allows you to connect two HDMI devices at once. It’s beneficial if you want to watch movies while listening to music. However, it does not allow you to send any audio signals.
A standard AV Cable: This type of cable lets you connect any number of devices, including TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, VCRs, etc. It includes all necessary connectors such as RCA, composite, coaxial, and stereo minijack outputs.
Which one to Choose
It depends on what kind of connection you’re trying to achieve. For example, if you want to listen to music from your computer through your speakers without connecting to more than one device, you would probably be better off using an HDMI splitter. If you want to connect several devices, you will need to use an AV cable.
You Might Be Interested in Soundbars with Built in Subwoofer
Q: How do I know if my TV supports HDMI 1.3?
A: Most modern TVs have built-in HDMI ports. Look for a port labeled “HDMI” or “DisplayPort.” Older TVs may have HDMI ports located near the back of the TV (on the bottom) or along the sides (near the top).
Q: Why do I see different resolutions when connecting my TV to my soundbar?
A: The resolution of your TV determines how many pixels each picture has. So, if you connect a 1080p TV to a 720p soundbar, the soundbar will show up as having a lower resolution than the actual image source.
The same thing happens when you connect a 4K television to a 1080p soundbar. In this case, the soundbar will appear to display a lower resolution than the original content.
Q: What if I have a black screen after connecting my TV to my soundbar?
A: Double-check that your TV is plugged into the correct input if you have a black screen. You might also try turning down the volume on the TV.
Q: Can I connect more than one soundbar to my TV?
A: Yes. As long as they are connected to separate HDMI inputs.
Q: Do I need to change anything to get my soundbar to work with my Fire TV?
A: No, plug the HDMI extension cable onto the female RCA jabs on both ends of the wire.
Q: Will my TV play video over Bluetooth?
A: Unfortunately, no. But you can still stream audio via Bluetooth.
Q: How do you turn on the soundbar?
A： You can either press the button on the remote control or press the soundbar itself.
Q: Which buttons on the remote control corresponding to the functions of the soundbar?
A: Pressing the center button turns on the soundbar. Pressing the left button changes the volume level. Pressing the right button plays/pauses playback. Pressing the up button increases the volume level. And pressing the down button decreases the volume level.
Q: How can I adjust the volume of the soundbar?
A: To adjust the volume level, press the center button on the remote control. Then move the volume slider until you hear the soundbar’s volume level increase or decrease.
Q: Is there a way to mute the soundbar?
A: There isn’t currently a way to mute the SoundBar. However, you can turn off the soundbar by pressing the center button on Remote Control.
Q: How does the soundbar work with other devices?
A: The soundbar works with most home theater receivers, game consoles, Blu-ray players, computers, tablets, and smartphones. It doesn’t work with portable media players like Apple iPods or iPhones. Also, the soundbar won’t work with any streaming services like Netflix or Pandora.
Q: How much power does the soundbar use?
A: The maximum current draw for the soundbar is 100 watts.
Q: How loud can the soundbar be?
A: The max output volume of the soundbar is 75dB at 1 meter from the speaker.
Q: Does the soundbar come with an AC adapter?
A: No. The soundbar comes with a USB Type-C charging cord.
Q: Can the soundbar be used without a wall outlet?
A: No – the soundbar needs an electrical connection to operate.